Due to the collection and use of personal information is involved with your privacy, according to Article 8 of Personal Information Protection Act of Taiwan region, Swarovski hereby precisely notice you related items as below.
Collecting your personal information
The specific purposes of collecting your personal information are marketing, managing internal member roll of judicial person, managing and serving consumer and client, online shopping and other electronic commerce service, survey, statistics and research analysis, and other business registered as scope of business or prescribed in the Articles of Incorporation.
Our main purposes in collecting information about you are such as follows:
- provide you with our products and/or services (including repairs and returns);
- respond to your queries;
- conduct promotions and competitions;
- conduct market research;
- keep you informed about our activities, products and services;
- allow you to join the SCS, Swarovski Club, and other similar Swarovski-related memberships;
- operate our business efficiently; and
- improve our products and services.
In particular, Swarovski may collect personal information:
- when you contact us with queries or issues;
- when you participate in our promotions or competitions;
- when you fill in questionnaires, surveys or contact forms;
- when your register your details with Swarovski;
- when you submit information through our Website, such as when you set up a user account, retrieve log-in information, join SCS, Swarovski Club (or similar membership groups), make online orders or purchases or enter into other online transactions; or
- when you use the Website, in which case our system may automatically collect information relating to your visit to that Website, such as your IP address.
We note that Swarovski may also use aggregated, anonymous data about its customers and/or website users as a group, for Swarovski's business purposes.
If you do not provide Swarovski with all requested personal information, we may be unable to assist you or provide you with our products and/or services, you may not be able to participate in our promotions or competitions or you may be unable to join the SCS or Swarovski Club (or similar membership groups).
Swarovski may collect your personal information, including, for example, your contact details (such as name, email address, address, phone number), date of birth, gender and where necessary to effect a purchase, return or similar transaction, your credit card or banking details.
Using your personal information
Time period, area, target and way of the using your personal information
- Time Period: Unless otherwise stipulated by applicable laws, until the day you request stop using your personal information or Swarovski stop providing service.
- Area: The location of the parties indicated in the “Target”.
- Target: Any legal entity of Swarovski Group, affiliate, subsidiary, delivery service and related service provider.
- Way of Using: By way of automatic or non-automatic measures that is compliance with personal information protection relevant regulations.
Retailers and service providers
Like most large organizations, we use a range of retailers to sell and service our products and service providers to help us maximize the quality and efficiency of our services and our business operations. This means that individuals and organizations outside of our organization, such as third party retailers of Swarovski products, third parties that operate the personal information on behalf of and in accordance with Swarovski’s instructions (commissioned data processing) and third parties which Swarovski commissions for repairs of our products, will sometimes have access to personal information held by us and may use it on behalf of us. We require our service providers to adhere to strict privacy guidelines and not to use the information for any unauthorized purposes.
Using your personal information for marketing
We may use personal information you have provided to us, including your email address, to provide you with information in relation to new or updated products or services or special offers, promotions or competitions in which you may be interested.
If at any time you do not wish to receive such information from us, you may ask us to remove your name from our list by contacting us using our contact details below. Alternatively, if we send you such information by email, you can use the unsubscribe function in the email to inform us that you do not wish to receive such information from us by email. In either case, please allow 5 business days for your request to be processed.
Disclosing your personal information overseas
In order to deliver products and services to you and to improve our products and services, we may sometimes disclose your personal information to another company within or related to the Swarovski group (including those located in Switzerland, Hong Kong SAR, Taiwan region, the US, Liechtenstein and Austria), affiliates and service providers.
Swarovski will not otherwise use or disclose any information about you without your consent, unless:
- the use or disclosure is required or permitted by law;
- we believe it necessary to provide you with products or services which you have requested;
- we believe it necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another person or Swarovski; or
- the assets and operations of Swarovski's business are transferred to a third party.
Access and accuracy
According to Article 3 of Personal Information Protection Act, you have the rights as follows with regard to your personal information:
- To inquiry and request for a review your personal information;
- To request to make duplications your personal information;
- To request to supplement or correct your personal information;
- To request to discontinue collection, processing or use of personal information; and
- To request to delete your personal information.
Upon request, we will provide you with access to personal information that Swarovski holds about you, except in the limited circumstances in which it is permitted for us to withhold this information. To request access to your personal information, please contact us using our contact information below.
If at any time you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, please contact us using our contact information below and we will amend your record.
If at any time you wish to stop using of your personal information, please contact us using our contact information below or stop using Swarovski’s service.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know in the same manner as referred to above and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk reasons.
Storage and security of your personal information
Swarovski will endeavor to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date.
Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through our Website and you use our Website at your own risk.
Your personal information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. We require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Swarovski.
Swarovski may use overseas facilities to process or back up its information. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to our overseas facilities for storage. However, this does not change any of our commitments to safeguard your privacy.
Usernames and passwords
You can play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on our Website. Please notify Swarovski immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security.
You are responsible for the security of your user name and password (or other log-in information) and you take responsibility to ensure the confidentiality of this information.
Links to other websites
What to do if you have a problem, question or complaint
Contact person: Customer Relations
Phone number: +886 2 21 00 26 11
Address: 3F, No. 27, Chung Shan North Road, Section 1, Taipei 10441, Taiwan region
In most cases we will ask that you put your request in writing to us. We will investigate your complaint and will use reasonable endeavors to respond to you in writing within 30 days of receiving the written complaint. If we fail to respond to your complaint within 30 days of receiving it in writing or if you are dissatisfied with the response that you receive from us, you may have the right to make a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner.