On a JourneyTitle:
Our roadmap towards sustainable products is based on four pillars: Materials and Ingredients, Manufacturing, Sustainable Design, and Circular Business Models. We are proud to be launching new products that showcase our progress, including designs that are made with responsibly sourced and recycled raw materials.
About Carbon Neutral ZirconiaTitle:
Even though our products are created with great care and with sustainability in mind, the processes involved can be energy intensive. By moving the production of Swarovski Zirconia to renewable energy sources, we are able to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 58% and offset the remaining 42% of emissions. Carbon neutral Swarovski Zirconia possesses the same quality, performance, and durability as regular zirconia.
The carbon footprint for the Swarovski Zirconia used in the Hyperbola family was measured and offset by our partner, leading climate consultancy South Pole. The calculated CO2 impact was compensated through high-quality carbon credits, which were channelled to Huóshui Small Hydropower to provide renewable energy in remote regions of South-West China, and the Rimba Raya Biodiversity Reserve in Borneo to help protect this area of Indonesia from deforestation.