Swarovski Crystal Society Festival Competition 2023Title:
Terms & Conditions Subtitle:
For SCS members
No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not increase the chances of winning.
The Promoter is Swarovski AG, Dröschistrasse 15, 9495 Triesen, Liechtenstein. Questions relating to this competition can be posted to email@example.com. The Competition runs from November 1, 2023 to December 31, 2023.
This Promotion is only open to SCS members who are legal residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada (excluding Quebec), Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Hong Kong SAR, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan Region, and USA, who have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees of Swarovski, its subsidiaries, agents, or any other business involved with the administration of this Competition, or members of the households of such employees, are not eligible to enter. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. The Competition is subject to Swiss laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
How to participate
1. A valid entry consists of a Member who participates in the SCS competition on the Competition Site on Swarovski.com (https://www.swarovski.com/s-scscompetition2023/) from November 1, 2023 until December, 31 2023, and who correctly uploads a picture of their creative design, which consists of their own Holiday Ornament. In order to create the picture, the member will use crystal component pictures that Swarovski has provided via email as part of this SCS competition or as available on the SCS Competition Site. The member will provide their name, email address, SCS membership number, and consents. All entries must be received by the Promoter by December 31, 2023.
2. Except in the event of negligence, fault, or deliberate acts or omissions on the part of the Promoter or its agents, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries lost, damaged, corrupted, delayed, quarantined, or not received by the Promoter, whatever the cause; the Promoter is not responsible or liable for any technical, hardware, software, server, website, or other failures or damage of any kind.
1. The prize pool comprises Crystal Living products valued as follows:
1st Prize – One (1) prototype manifestation of the winning Holiday Ornament design especially created by the Manufaktur in Wattens. In addition, one (1) Annual Edition 3D Ornament 2023, worth €125.
2nd Prize - One (1) Annual Edition Ornament Set 2023, worth €155.
3rd Prize - One (1) Annual Edition Ornament 2023, worth €70.
Maximum of two prizes per winning Entrant for the 1st prize and maximum of one prize for the 2nd and 3rd prize, no additional or substitute prizes will be available. No cash or credit note will be offered.
1. The winners will not automatically be one of the first valid entries received by the Promoter. The winners will be the Entrants whose valid entries are judged and chosen according to artistic presentation. The jury will consist of members of the Swarovski Crystal Society management team, the Crystal Living Product Marketing Team, and the Crystal Design Team, and entries will be judged based on creativity and originality. In the event of a tie, a tie breaker will be based upon the highest score in the first judging criteria, continuing thereafter to each judging criteria in order, as needed, to break the tie. Entries remain the property of the Promoter and will not be returned to Entrants.
Without limiting the generality of these rules, the winners agree to irrevocably grant, transfer, convey, and assign to the Promoter the entirety of the rights in and to the entry, any derivative works made thereof including, without limitation, the rights to use the entry for commercial purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis. Entering this Promotion also constitutes Entrant’s waiver, to the extent permitted by law, of all moral rights conferred upon the Entrant or arising in respect of Entrant’s entry anywhere in the world. The winners grant to the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual worldwide right and license to display, perform, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, exhibit, and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used) the entry, in whole or in part, and any/all works based thereon, for any purpose reasonably related to the Promotion, including for promotional or marketing purposes, except where prohibited by law.
As conditions of participation in this Promotion, and by providing an entry, each Entrant warrants and represents that: (a) the Entrant owns all rights to the entry he/she is entering in this Promotion; (b) the entry is original to the Entrant and has been legally obtained and created; (c) the entry does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party; (d) the entry does not violate applicable laws or regulations; and (e) the entry has not been previously published, displayed, performed or entered in or won previous promotions or awards. The winner will indemnify the Promoter, Released Parties (as defined below) and any licensee of the Promoter against all claims, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
2. A total of three (3) winners globally will be selected after December 31, 2023 and the winners will be notified on or around January 24, 2024 via email. Notification will be sent to the email address submitted with the entry. In the event that a winner does wish to accept the prize, they must notify the Promoter within 14 days of receiving notification of having won. If a winner does not reply to this notification to claim the prize within 14 days, they will forfeit the prize and no substitute or alternative will be offered. Prizes will be made available to the winners (1) at a Point of Sale (POS) of winner’s choice within the country of residence of the Promoter or (2) by direct shipment to winner’s home. For clarity and avoidance of doubt, the Promoter solely decides how the winner is receiving the prize and the winners are not entitled to demand a home delivery or POS pick-up. Except in the event of negligence, fault, or deliberate acts or omissions on the part of the Promoter or its agents, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any prizes lost, damaged, delayed, or not received by the winner, whatever the cause, and will not replace such prizes.
By receipt of any prize, the winners agree to release and hold harmless the Promoter and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, to the greatest extent permitted by applicable law.
Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participant, printing, typographical, or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network, or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the processing or judging of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Promotion-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged, or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the Entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt, use or misuse of any prizes. Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any entry.
3. Winning Entrants may be required to participate in publicity for the Promoter relating to this Promotion, without payment. In addition, the Promoter will have the right, at its absolute discretion and without payment to or seeking permission from the winner, to use the winners’ names for the purposes of announcing the winners of the Promotion.
2. In the event of obvious error in these rules, illegality, or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter that prevent the administration of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to amend these rules or withdraw the Promotion. The Promoter shall not be liable for any form of loss or disappointment caused by any alterations to these rules or withdrawal of the Promotion. In such circumstances, the Promoter will make all reasonable endeavors to advise Entrants of any changes or withdrawal.
3. Correspondence regarding the Competition will be entered only at the absolute discretion of the Promoter. All enquiries regarding the Promotion should be directed to the Promoter at the contact details indicated in point 1. For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Daniel Swarovski Corporation AG, Alte Landstrasse 411, 8708 Männedorf, Switzerland. Requests for the winners’ list must be received by December 31, 2023.
4. Except where prohibited, the Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Competition or any prize awarded shall be resolved exclusively by the appropriate court located in Zürich, Switzerland. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Competition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Switzerland.